Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Become a fan of The I-81 Challenge on Facebook!

http://www.thei81challenge.org/
As you may be aware, portions of I-81, particularly the elevated sections of the highway in downtown Syracuse, are nearing the end of their lifespan. Over the next decade, portions of the road will need to be replaced, reconstructed, removed, or otherwise changed at a significant cost. The I-81 Challenge is the official decision-making process for this effort, being led by the New York Department of Transportation and the Syracuse Metropolitan Transportation Council (SMTC).

The I-81 Challenge presents the citizens of the Syracuse region with a significant opportunity: a chance to reevaluate the needs and desires of those who use I-81 and live or work in the area, to formulate a vision and a plan that will best serve our goals for the future.

As part of a broad public involvement effort, the SMTC has launched a Facebook page for The I-81 Challenge with a goal of reaching 25 fans by the end of the week.

Along with the project website, blog, and other resources, The I-81 Challenge Facebook page will help stakeholders stay up to date with the latest project news. Anyone who plans to attend a drop-in public workshop in early May can help spread the word through the public workshop Facebook events. Become a fan of The I-81 Challenge today, and help the SMTC spread the word about this important project.

No comments:

Post a Comment